Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dirt

Today, I (Evans) joined in on the digging of the septic tank behind the community center we are building. I'm told its going to be 6 feet deep, as tall as I am!  



As we were digging and talking, I couldn't help telling the locals that Adam comes from the Hebrew word, adamah, which means ground or soil. Essentially, we are dirt people, I said. So what makes us different from dirt?  One said nothing; the others couldn't tell me or didn't understand the question, but when I said it was God's breath in us that makes us different, they understood. I then said that we should still treat the earth with respect, as life comes from the soil (pointing to the trees and plants all around us).  



It's fun to combine manual labor, or what Jeff called "good honest work," with ministry!




Evans 
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment